The AutoCAD Operator is responsible for the daily design document preparation of commercial, retail, municipal, and various other civil design projects. The underlying focus of the AutoCAD Operator should be providing the most comprehensive and accurate construction documents feasible in the time allocated.
The AutoCAD Operator is expected to operate as part of a team. They are directly accountable to a Project Manager and ultimately accountable to the Practice Area Leader. The AutoCAD Operator is required to maintain strong team relationships by working closely with the Project Manager during the design document preparation phase of the project.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Project Managers
- Senior Project Managers
- Other AutoCAD Operators
- Clerical Staff
The specific responsibilities of the AutoCAD Operator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform the preparation of civil construction documents in keeping with the firm’s design philosophy. That philosophy is to provide the client not only what is necessary from a permitting standpoint, but also to provide the client with a set of documents which will allow the successful bidder to construct the project efficiently and with minimal changes in scope of work.
- Integration and detailed understanding of multiple key factors should be considered during the course of design: The following is brief list of some of the key factors:
- Duplantis Design Group’s drafting standards
- Clarity and accuracy of documents
- Sound engineering practices
- Municipal regulations and requirements
- Client dictated design criteria
Duplantis Design Group affords advancement opportunities to all employees in an effort to continue our growth and success. Several of our current Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers started at the firm as AutoCAD Operators. These employees have grown in their duties and responsibilities via exhibiting the characteristics necessary to manage all aspects of a project. These opportunities will continue to be extended to those exhibiting the desired characteristics as the firm continues to grow.
This position requires an associate’s degree. The applicant should have exceptional communication skills, exhibit great attention to detail, be capable of handling multiple projects and be a team player.
Experience in the civil design field is desired as applicable experience will be considered when determining compensation and level of responsibility. However, entry level AutoCAD Operator positions are available to applicants with minimal experience.
The mission of Duplantis Design Group is to provide a working environment for our dedicated employees which will enable personal growth through the use of modern technology. In providing this environment, we can ensure that our valued clients are provided the highest quality, cost-effective professional services which will lead to securing their repeat business. Our perpetual mission will be to earn the long-term respect and trust of our existing and prospective clients by providing solutions in timely, professional manner.
Duplantis Design Group, PC, is a professional corporation located at 314 East Bayou Road in Thibodaux, Louisiana. The firm was established as Duplantis Engineering, Inc., in 1997 with five employees as a regional civil engineering firm providing master-planning, site development, land utilization, and civil engineering design services throughout the southeastern United States.
In September 1998, the first registered architect was employed in order for the firm to offer architectural services in conjunction with civil engineering.
In January 1999, as a result of the need for accurate and dependable land surveying services, a “sister” company was created by David Duplantis and two Professional Land Surveyors and called Acadia Land Surveying, L.L.C.
In November 2002, the name was changed to Duplantis Design Group, PC, to reflect the multi-disciplinary status of the company. Our current clients represent both the public and private sectors with construction budgets reaching the multi-million dollar levels, and our firm is one of very few local multi-disciplinary firms to offer civil engineering, architecture, and land surveying under the same roof.
In January 2006, Ricky Galloway, Andy Positerry, and Stephen Viguerie joined David Duplantis as Principals/Owners in charting the firm’s direction.
Historically, our firm is known for its close working relationship and high level of professional service to our clients, as well as our ability to meet project deadlines. We are fully committed to a “team” approach between the owner, the tenants, our consultants, the contractor, and ourselves.
We firmly believe that Duplantis Design Group, PC provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. The following represent many of the benefits offered:
- Compensation is based on experience.
- Total of eighteen (18) days of vacation/sick leave a year.
- 401K plan with employer matching at a rate of $0.50 per dollar the employee invests up to 6% of the employee’s annual salary. Employee qualifies after 1-yr of employment.
- Medical Insurance - The Company pays 60% of the premium. The employee is responsible for 40%. The current provider is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
- Additional Insurance – Supplemental pre-tax insurance is available (eg. cancer, heart/stroke, accident, and dental
Many of the coverages are subject to the employee successfully completing a 3 month probationary period.
Duplantis Design Group, PC is a progressive design firm that has enjoyed a great deal of growth since its humble beginnings in 1997 propagated by an energetic staff and experienced leadership.
With a strong and ever-expanding client bases, geographical expansion, increasing multidisciplinary departments, and implementation of sound strategic management strategies; we expect the growth and success to continue.
In order to fuel the desired growth of the firm, we are seeking motivated, outgoing design professionals interested in contributing to a successful team with unlimited growth potential.